Check out Huffington Post: These are the Citizens Stepping up to Defend Ukraine
Monday, February 28, 2022
Sunday, February 27, 2022
Yes, it's finally happened! We just might be back to something resembling normal, with a for-real, in-person meeting on March 14 at the Park Ridge Family Restaurant (the old Blue-Top). The newsletter is in your email or can be found under "Pages" in the right hand column. I figured out how to circumvent the Adobe translation charge and get a copy onto this website. Now the trick is remembering how I did it for next time.
Saturday, February 26, 2022
Saturday, February 5, 2022
Yet another attack on the content of what's being taught in the classroom, this time in Oklahoma. According to this Alternet article, a law has been introduces that would fine teachers $10,000 for teaching anything that would contradict the parent's religious beliefs: Thou shalt not teach (fill in the blank)
Good-bye to most of Science, History, and Literature. Surely there's someone who could find something to object to in Math, Art, Music, and any curricula.
Friday, February 4, 2022
From the WREA newsletter:
How Do I Protect Myself from the Scam Artists?
There are different ways in which a scam artist will try to engage you.
- One is by sending an email asking for help for a cause.
- They may even use a name that you are familiar with.
- Look at the email address. Is it one that you recognize? Does it match the name and organization of the sender?
If you got a phishing email or text message, report it. The information you give can help fight the scammers.
- If you got a phishing email, forward it to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report the phishing attack to the FTC website at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.
- Sign up for biweekly Watchdog Alerts from AARP's Fraud Watch Network. Click here to sign up.
- Report a Scam to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
Read more in the Spring edition of the WREA News, coming to your mailbox soon.