Yes, it's finally happened! We just might be back to something resembling normal, with a for-real, in-person meeting on March 14 at the Park Ridge Family Restaurant (the old Blue-Top). The newsletter is in your email or can be found under "Pages" in the right hand column. I figured out how to circumvent the Adobe translation charge and get a copy onto this website. Now the trick is remembering how I did it for next time.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Sunday, February 27, 2022
Saturday, February 5, 2022
Minnesota Does it Right
From the Minnesota DOT:
Here are the 8 winners of MnDOT's 'Name a Snowplow' contest
Betty Whiteout made it, obviously.
FEB 3, 2022
The results are in and Minnesota has eight newly named snowplows.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced the results of its second annual "Name a Snowplow" contest, which attracted hundreds of pun-tastic submissions.
Here are the winners, and the districts in which they'll be operating:
- Betty Whiteout – District 8 (SW Minnesota)
- Ctrl Salt Delete – District 7 (SW Minnesota)
- The Big Leplowski – District 4 (West-Central Minnesota)
- Plowasaurus Rex – Metro District
- Scoop Dogg – District 3 (Central Minnesota)
- Blizzard of Oz – District 2 (NW Minnesota)
- No More Mr. Ice Guy – District 1 (NE Minnesota)
- Edward Blizzardhands – District 6 (SE Minnesota)
Betty Whiteout was comfortably the most popular choice, with more than 40,000 votes cast for the name.
Friday, February 4, 2022
From the WREA newsletter:
How Do I Protect Myself from the Scam Artists?
There are different ways in which a scam artist will try to engage you.
- One is by sending an email asking for help for a cause.
- They may even use a name that you are familiar with.
- Look at the email address. Is it one that you recognize? Does it match the name and organization of the sender?
If you got a phishing email or text message, report it. The information you give can help fight the scammers.
- If you got a phishing email, forward it to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report the phishing attack to the FTC website at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.
- Sign up for biweekly Watchdog Alerts from AARP's Fraud Watch Network. Click here to sign up.
- Report a Scam to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
Read more in the Spring edition of the WREA News, coming to your mailbox soon.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)