Yes, it's finally happened! We just might be back to something resembling normal, with a for-real, in-person meeting on March 14 at the Park Ridge Family Restaurant (the old Blue-Top). The newsletter is in your email or can be found under "Pages" in the right hand column. I figured out how to circumvent the Adobe translation charge and get a copy onto this website. Now the trick is remembering how I did it for next time.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.