Just a reminder that the BAG SALE starts June 1. The schedule for the next two weeks follows. We are asking that you share this schedule with friends, family and share on facebook if you have an account. Cost is $5 a bag.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Tuesday, June, 1st, 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 3rd, 10 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, June, 5th, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesday, June 8th, 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 10th, 10 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 12th, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
As COVID restrictions are opening up and more people aren't wearing masks, it is difficult to know who is or isn't vaccinated without asking for a card. For the safety of the children who cannot be vaccinated, the Children's Museum is asking people who aren't vaccinated to wear masks in the building. We don't want to be asking everyone at the door to produce a vaccination card, so are still asking shoppers to wear a mask in the building.
Now the good news. We have a storage unit where the books we are going to keep are being stored, and INCLUSA has graciously said we can store our 20 bookcases, book carts and table cart at their facility on Church Street. We will box up excess books to donate June 14 - 17 and have a tentative move date of June 23rd or 24th. Moving details are yet to be determined so we will keep you posted.
Bring your mask and money,