The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Your Final Gift
I was forty when I sat down and compiled my "death book." As you could predict from a person with a touch of OCD, it's a three ringed notebook with color-coded dividers and titles printed from an Avery template. It contains all the information, phone numbers, and contacts my niece will need as the executor of my will, holder of POA, and holder of Health Care POA when the time comes.
I did this for two reasons. The first is selfish: I want things carried out the way I want things carried out. The second is that it's a gift for my niece to make this task as possible to carry out.
There was a side benefit from doing this 25 years ago. When I became more and more responsible for my mother's affairs, I used my book as an example of how she should get her affairs in order as well. Just months after we finished her book, she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
Most of you have done the work on this already. If you haven't, the following guide is a good starting place: