The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Book Collection Times
Book donations may be dropped off across from the Children's Museum in downtown Stevens Point on the 4th Monday of every month from 10am to 3pm.
Please Note: Tax Deductions
- The SPARTA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and contributions can be used as deductions for federal income tax purposes.
- SPARTA itself is a 501(c)(4) organization and contributions are NOT tax deductable for federal income tax purposes. This includes book donations for the book sale.
Post a Comment