We're looking forward to seeing you on Monday, January 9, at the Sky Club. You can find the agenda and the newsletter on the sidebar. For security reasons, the financial information found in the newsletter you get through the Post Office or by email won't be posted on the website.
You may want to bring an extra $12 with you. Thanks to Judy Zimmerman, Eileen Payne, and Santha, we now have SPARTA t-shirts. They will make our organization even more visible when worn while volunteering or working the Book Sale. The price is certainly right! Order forms can be downloaded from the sidebar. Send the forms and your check to Jan Langton.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.