I wrote a rambling reaction to the riveting Thursday night drama. I'll spare you that, as this article does a much better job of explaining what the Committee got right. Why the Hearing Worked
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Saturday, June 11, 2022
Why the Committee Report Worked
And Liz Cheney? Wow. Turns out she's a statesman. I didn't think that there were any left. She's obviously sacrificed her political career in order to do the right thing; honor her commitment to her oath, to protect and defend the Constitution.