Friday, April 30, 2021
From Santha's hometown newspaper, a little dated, but still funny:
From The Community Scoop, published weekly in Lost Nation, IA, April 8, 2021
1. New monthly budget: Gas $0, Clothes $0, Groceries $2,500, Wine $3750.
2. Breaking News: Wearing a mask inside your home is now highly recommended- not so much to stop COVID, but to stop eating.
3. WHEN THIS QUARANTINE IS OVER, let's not tell some people.
4. Not to brag, but I haven't been late to anything in over 16 weeks.
5. It may take a village to raise a child, but I swear it's going to take a vineyard to homeschool one.
6. You know all those car commercials where there's one vehicle on the road?....it doesn't seem so unrealistic these days.
7. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two things: 1. How dense the population is. 2. How dense the population is.
8. People keep asking : "Is COVID 19 REALLY all that serious? Listen y'all..., churches and casinos are closed. When heaven and hell agree on the same thing, it's probably pretty serious.
9. Home School Day #1. I'm trying to figure out how I can get this kid transferred out of my class.
10. The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
Well, there's been lots of action since the last posting. The good news is that we've found another home for our books. Details will be forthcoming, but it's Christmas in Spring for us. It almost seems too good to be true, but as one who's always expecting the sky to fall it really does seem to be happening.