Polar Pond Plunge, December 14, 2019--This is the only fundraiser. Registration is open now. They need both plungers and spectators/cheerers!
Winter Open House, January 18, 2020--CC skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, crafts, and campfire.
Earth Day Celebration, April 19, 2020--Activity stations, performances, snacks, and crafts.
Forest Family Fun Run/Walk, June 19, 2020--Free 1.75 mile run/walk sponsored by the Town of Plover.
We had a great time this summer at our July meeting held at the Boston School Forest. For many of us, it was the first time to learn about this fantastic resource. These events would be a great time to take the grandkids, grand nephews and nieces, or assorted other kids to a great place for some fun.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.