Located in the sidebar under News and Notes, you can find a new form for making motions at our meetings. This will be used for major motions, not for routine items such as accepting the minutes or adjournment. It's hoped that this will be beneficial in many ways:
-It will supply the recording secretary with the precise words the member intends.
-It will list the person who puts forth the motion and the person who seconds it.
-It will enable us to keep more precise records for future reference.
(If you imagine all the members as female, this isn't sexist, just wistful. Just try googling "making a motion at a meeting" for a picture that has a majority of women in attendance.)
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
New Motion Form
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment