This is the first of many steps in building a website for SPARTA. We may not know what we're doing, but there's no substitute for jumping in and getting started. Look here to find meeting minutes and notices, pictures, information, and the News and Notes. We'll publish the monthly newsletter here, but fear not! You will still get it via email and snail mail. This will be our growing year, and we'll see what this website can do.
We'll post on a weekly basis, so swing by on a regularly. Of course, there's always the possibility that we'll crash the World Wide Web entirely, and destroy civilization altogether. Wait, that was last month...
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.