Hi all: The attached photo was on the front page of Friday's Stevens Point Journal. They were doing an article on the proposed solar field proposed for southern Portage Country so used a picture of our solar panels. Note that they did not list us by name: Portage County Democratic Party, but they did list at least us by address: 2220 Division St. I think this is a great opportunity to thank you all for purchasing the building and the solar system. We should be proud. Thanks. Jack
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.