The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Saturday, July 31, 2021
Book Sale Status
No room, no room.
Wow! Our first Meeting in a Year!
Our picnic/meeting was held in Plover's Heritage Park. The weather was comfortable, the company wonderful. It was great to be able to socialize once again. A shout-out to Sherrilee for organizing the food. We were excited to learn of a great opportunity that the Historical Society has been offered.
An opportunity to expand Heritage Park and bring the Morgan House, listed on the National & State Registry of Historic Buildings, into Society ownership. This purchase would also include the entire block surrounding the Morgan House. With this addition the Park would be 'protected' from residential and commercial encroachment and own 4 of the 20 National & State Registered buildings/sites in Portage County Wisconsin.
The fundraising goal is $350,000 dollars, the projected selling price.
Thursday, July 8, 2021
It's been awhile. I deeply apologize. It's not that we haven't been busy with SPARTA stuff. In the last two months we've sold off much of our book inventory, moved the remainder to storage, moved bookcases to the Inclusa facility, and shut down our place at the children's museum.
It is true that I haven't been maintaining this site as it should be. The feeling from the Executive Board is that we should have a FaceBook page. We'll need someone to set this up and maintain it. If you know of anyone who would be interested, please contact Santha or me.
In the meantime, we hope to see you at the picnic on Monday, July 12 at Heritage Park.