The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Update: Mary Ann Krems
Monday, August 10, 2020
The Ancient Curse: May You Live in Interesting Times
As you may have heard, Mary Ann Krems has passed away. She was our President from 2012-2015 and a force in the community. We'll forward information as we receive it.
From WREA, a directive that local meetings are suspended until further notice. We'll hope that we can meet in November. Our October book sale is canceled, and there will be no book take-ins until further notice.
The Executive Committee accepted a temporary budget for 2020-2021 until the membership can meet and vote. The budget assumes no book sales in October and April, and we will be holding off on grants for now. Like everything, there's a "one day at a time" outlook.
There is a great concern that membership will drop at the local and state level. Just a reminder, that WREA is THE watchdog for our pension fund. They were experiencing a dramatic drop in membership last year, so that trend is likely to continue. If there's ever a time to advocate for public schools, teachers, and the ETF, it's now. Let's not let this break our organization.
With that said, dues can be sent in for 2020-2021. You can download the application from the sidebar and send it with a $12 check to: Jan Langton, 2010 Aspen Lane, Plover, WI 54467.
These people are paid:
Paid through 2021
Betty E. 2022
O Phillip I.