Here's a LIFE (Learning is ForEver) offering:
Stuart Morris, UWSP Professor of Art and Design, will share the new sculptures well-known artists developed to encourage visitors to the Stevens Point Sculpture Park.
Monday, May 7
Location: Stecvens Point Sculpture Park
Presenter: Stuart Morris, Professor of Art and Design, UWSP
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Friday, March 2, 2018
FROM THE BOOK COMMITTEE:
Please save the dates for the spring book sale, Wed. April 25 to Sat. April 28. The hours are the same, Wed., noon to 7 p.m.; Thurs. and Fri., 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sat., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The book committee is always looking for new members. Call Janeen Kwaricany or Nancy Kemmeter or come to one of the following take-in days: the fourth Monday of the month from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Take-in days: Monday, Feb. 26th and Monday, March 26th. Because of a conflict with the book sale, the take-in day for April will be Monday, April 9th.
Stevens Point Area
Retired Teachers’ Association
Mon. March 12, 2018 Meeting
Location: Park Ridge Restaurant
3425 Church St, Stevens Point
Reservations are required. Contact Mary Ann Krems at:
715-344-2453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
by noon Fri, Mar 9.
PROGRAM: How Does Your Garden Grow?
Socialization at 11:15 followed by lunch at
approximately 11:45. During lunch, Steven
Prokop, Principal at Ben Franklin Junior High,
will talk about their upcoming 50th anniversary.
Please open & read the attached pdf file
to be in-the-know! Thanks.
Hope to see you Mon, March 12.