Don't forget to come to the last meeting before summer. We're trying out a few new locations for our meetings. This one will be at the Golden Corral. Be there at 11:30 to pick out your lunch. The cost is $8.69 for your food and $2.39 for drinks. If you need help with your tray, there will be help.
The business meeting will start at about 12:15 and the program speaker at 12:30. Out guest speaker is Dr. Ray Reser, UWSP, on the history and future of Native Americans.
The agenda, notes, and minutes are posted in the News and Notes section of the sidebar.
The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.