The purposes of this Association are to:
- The purposes of this Association are to:
- A. Promote and protect the interests, rights, and welfare of the retired educators of the Stevens Point area in conjunction with the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- B. Monitor and work to improve the benefits for retired educators and other members of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
- C. Encourage Association members to maintain membership in the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association (WREA).
- D. Develop working relationships with local service organizations whose main emphasis is on aging groups and with organizations sharing goals similar to those of the Association.
- E. Inform Association members about and advocate for educational and other relevant societal issues.
- F. Inform members of activities in the area provided for senior citizens.
- G. Encourage Association members to be active participants in community affairs on an individual basis.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Sunday, April 14, 2019
The SPARTA Spring Book Sale is right around the corner. You can find us on the first floor of the Central Wisconsin Children's Museum Building, 1100 Main St., Stevens Point.
Wednesday, May 1 -noon - 7pm
Thursday, May 2 - 9am - 7pm
Friday, May 3 - 9am - 7pm
Saturday, May 4 - 9am - 2pm
If you can work a shift, contact Nancy Mezyk.
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Sandy Williams, at far right, executive director of the Central Wisconsin Children’s Museum, demonstrates the recently installed Automatic Door Operator donated by the Stevens Point Area Retired Teachers’ Association (SPARTA) from profits of a recent book sale. The north entrance off the city parking lot is now handicapped accessible to the Museum and businesses on the first floor. SPARTA book committee members pictured, from left, are Janeen Kwarciany, Janet Swiston, Nancy Kemmeter with Maya Kemmeter, Mary Marks, Nancy Mezyk, Charlene Laurent, and Santha Bickford, president of SPARTA. The next SPARTA book sale is Wednesday, May 1, to Saturday, May 4.